1997 Burger King Universal Monsters: Wolf Man, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Creature From The Black Lagoon
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
1997 Universal Monsters Burger King Kid's Club Action Figures
In 1997, Universal re-released a lot of their old monster
movies on VHS. As a result, they were
licensing the old Universal Monsters all over the place to rekindle interest in
the movies. They even had Universal
Monsters US Postage Stamps that year!
For me, the coolest result came in October of 1997 in the form of The
Burger King Kids Club Universal Monsters Action Figures!
1997 Universal Monsters action figures from Burger King still in the original packages
The figures were similar to the 3 3/4" Remco universal
monsters, but different enough that anyone who had the Remco figures wouldn't
confuse the two different releases.
Also, Remco released six different characters while Burger King released
only four: Down For the Count Dracula, Bolts and Volts Frankenstein, The Wolf
Man Cellar Dweller, Scaly Squirter featuring The Creature from the Black
Lagoon.
Universal Monsters Glow-in-the-Dark stickers that came with the Burger King action figures
As if cool monster action figures wasn't already
enough, all four figures came with a glow-in-the-dark sicker and three of the
four figures came with a good size accessory!Frankenstein came with a lab table, Dracula came with a coffin, and The
Wolf Man came with a cellar door box.The Creature from the Black Lagoon was the only one without an
accessory.
The Wolf Man Burger King action figure with Cellar Doors
Frankenstein Burger King action figure with Light-Up Laboratory Table
Dracula Burger King action figure with Coffin
The Creature from the Black Lagoon Burger King action figure
Although The Creature didn't come with an accessory, he did have an action feature: you could press the button on his chest, then submerge him under water and release the button. This would make water flow into his mouth. When you pulled him out of the water, you could press the button and make him "spit" water from him mouth. I've seen numerous people say that this figure lit up at one point, but that is simply not the case. Below are the instructions that came with each figure:
Burger King Universal Monsters instructions
Did you pick up the Universal Monsters from Burger King back in 1997? If not, have you been picking them up more recently?Which figure is your favorite?Tell me below in the comments!
If you collect toys, you should know about Toylanta, the best toy show in the Southeastern United States held annually in Georgia. Visit Toylanta.com for more information.
They are such a great set! If you're able to find them at a swap meet, thrift store, or toy show, they're usually pretty cheap. Even on ebay, they can be found for a decent price.
IG-88: Bounty Hunter! (Kenner, 1980) When I was a kid, I thought Star Wars figures were the coolest thing ever! As soon as I found discovered that new figures were coming out for The Empire Strikes Back, I had to have them. It was early 1980 and I was probably at the height of my love of Star Wars. These were the first new figures in about a year and I was very excited about their release! 10 NEW Kenner Star Wars figures for 1980! The 10 NEW figures that Kenner put out in 1980 for The Empire Strikes Back were a bit of a mixed bag. The wave included awesome figures like the Bespin Luke Skywalker, Rebel Soldier and Imperial Stormtrooper in Hoth Battle Gear, and Han Solo in his Hoth Outfit! On the other hand, there were figures like the FX-7 Medical Droid which barely seemed like an action figure at all to me and the Leia figure in her Bespin Gown which didn't seem as ready-for-action as her Hoth outfit. Even though they didn't appear in the movie much, ...
"Red" looks out over the marsh. Adventure People Set #307 Wilderness Patrol The Fisher-Price Adventure People were first available in 1975. These extremely durable 3 3/4" action figures and toys were very popular throughout their run from 1975 to 1985. Even through the rigors of play, Adventure People and their vehicles were so well made that a large number of them are still around today in good condition. They are also some of the earliest 3.75" action figures on the market and were even used as the base figure for many of the Kenner Star Wars prototypes. My childhood Adventure People Set #307 "Wilderness Patrol" Fisher-Price created many popular sets for the Adventure People line ( see my post on the Cycle Racing Team set #356 here! ) Even though I only had a few sets as a kid, I was familiar with many of the other sets because most of the kids I knew had at least one or two of them that were different from the ones that I had. One po...
GI Joe RAH: Cobra Rifle Range Unit (Hasbro, 1985) From 1982 through 1984, I loved GI Joe toys! I think I had every figure and vehicle for the first three waves. I picked up every issue of the comic book and I sometimes watched the cartoon. By the time the fourth wave hit the shelves in 1995, I was still a big fan, but no longer a completist when it came to these real American heroes. Don't misunderstand, I was as at maximum excitement to finally have action figures of the Dreadnoks! I had been reading about them in the comics and just thought they were the greatest. Even with the fourth wave, I picked up almost all of the figures, but the vehicles and such just didn't grab me as they had before. I did have the Bridge Layer (although I honestly don't know why) and the awesome Snow Cat! I must have never seen the Cobra Night Landing raft in stores because that's definitely a piece that I would have liked. However, for some reason,...
At one time I had the Wolfman and Creature figures. I always wanted the full set but was never able to find them. One day...
ReplyDeleteThey are such a great set! If you're able to find them at a swap meet, thrift store, or toy show, they're usually pretty cheap. Even on ebay, they can be found for a decent price.
DeleteI only got the Creature tough i seen a lot of people focused on collecting this guys. They seem pretty well loved.
ReplyDeleteThey seem to be some of the few Universal Monsters that can be picked up for a low price!
Delete