Universal Monsters Bend-Ems (Sunny Days Entertainment, LLC)

Universal Monsters Bend-Ems: Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolf Man, & The Creature From The Black Lagoon!

I had heard that Walgreens was selling Universal Monster Bendy figures early in the Halloween season, but despite several trips to numerous Walgreens locations, I hadn't seen a single one.  Yesterday, I stopped by a Walgreens and I wasn't even thinking about Halloween stuff.  As I was heading to the cash register, I ended up in the Halloween Clearance section.  There were 50% Off and 70% Off signs all over the place.  Boxes of Christmas products were being loaded on to the shelves at the other end of the Holiday section.  Behind a 50% Off sign, I noticed these familiar characters!

Universal Monsters Bend-Ems: The Creature From The Black Lagoon and Frankenstein!

There were two of each character except The Creature From The Black Lagoon (just one Creature).  I grabbed one of each and headed up to pay for my new monsters!  As always, I told the clerk that I wanted to make sure the items that I was purchasing were actually on sale.  Each of the other items that she rung up displayed the correct sale prices, but when she rung up the Bend-Ems, they were showing up at full price (about $6).  I told her that there was a sign stating that these figures were on sale.  She said these weren't included in the sale.  I explained that I literally had to move a sale sign to get to the figures.  That's when she told me that these weren't Halloween items.  They were newly stocked Christmas items.  Um...what?  Obviously they were Universal Monsters, but let's just pretend that Dracula's red cape reminded her of Santa.  They were in the middle of the Halloween section, surrounded by skull masks and socks with bats on them behind a sign that said "Halloween Sale: This Row Only! 50% Off."  I tried to explain, but she just shook her head and said, "No, these are Christmas items."  The elderly lady behind me tried to step in and explain that Universal Monsters had been associated with Halloween for decades, but it was no use.  At this point, a rather long line was forming.  Another employee stepped up to the front and the clerk asked him if these items were indeed Halloween items.  He sighed like this wasn't the first time he had been asked an insanely stupid question from this particular clerk.  I ended up getting them for $1.80 each plus tax.

Universal Monsters Bend-Ems: The Wolf Man and Dracula!
The figures were manufactured by Sunny Days Entertainment, LLC.  They're all pretty neat, but The Creature is easily my favorite!  Dracula's cool too, but no one was paying any likeness fees for these guys!  Frankenstein's not bad.  The Wolf Man might be the weakest of the four.  His arms seem to be ridiculously short, but he's still a cool figure!  At under $2 each, I definitely would have bought another Creature if they'd had another one.  Heck, I'd probably have gone back and picked up the other three if it hadn't been such an ordeal making the purchase -Haha!

Here's a look at the back of the package

What's the best thing you've ever picked up during the "After Halloween" sales?  Tell me in the comments!

If you collect toys, you should know about Toylanta, the best toy show in the Southeastern United States held annually in Georgia.  Visit Toylanta.com for more information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MOTU Eternia Minis Review and Package Codes series 1 & 2 (Mattel, 2020)

Action Figure Overview: Steel Monsters - Metal Face (Tonka, 1986)

Phantom Starkiller: History and Future of The Cosmic Ghoul Warrior!